The recent days have witnessed Google relentlessly updating its algorithm to upgrade the content quality and user experience, along with clawing the sites which attempt to manipulate the link schemes. This aggressive stance has made it crucial to do a technical audit of your website on a regular basis. This audit is more or less like a routine medical checkup with your doctor (for health issues), to cure as well as to prevent your site from the wrath of Google updates. This audit can help you in eliminating or minimizing the hidden issues which pull down the ranking of your site.
Benefits of a Technical Audit
A technical audit presents a clear picture of the effectiveness of the website and aids the SEO team to formulate a powerful strategy instead of making blind moves towards SEO San Jose. With an audit, you can discover not only the snags in a website\’s internal structure but also the potential areas which if cared, can help in achieving higher rankings in the search engine results pages. A technical audit addresses the following issues,
• You can easily find the SEO violations on your website.
• The technical audit decreases the page load time thereby enhancing the speed.
• The plug-ins and scripts are thoroughly checked to make sure your website is reconcilable with most of the browsers.
• The Java scripts are checked and improved.
• The optimized keywords are changed to improve the ranking in search engines.
• 404 pages (or broken pages) are inspected.
• Ensuring that the content on a website is unique and according to SEO rules.
• It is checked whether all the planned SEO strategy are implemented properly or not.
• Links that are dead is checked and removed.
How to perform the technical audit?
Search engines prefer websites that have unique and effective codes and architectural structure. There are two methods to check that –
1. Using technical audit software’s available in the market.
2. Check the website manually.
The first method does not call for an in-depth knowledge of HTML. The major efforts lie in searching for the best technical audit software online, downloading and installing it, and you\’re ready to go.
The second and best option, calls for an extensive knowledge of HTML, imperative to construct and reconstruct the site. The SEO technical audit offers a wealth of information, acquired through an extensive series of steps. These steps begin by reviewing the site architecture or coding of the website. The second step is put forward towards a deep analysis of the content. It ensures that the content is unique, informative and employs useful keywords with appropriate density. Also, attention is drawn towards the perfect placement of advertisements and images. Category pages are reviewed and sorted, and the URL is checked to make the page easy to open. Every aspect of the site, from the meta tags, duplicate pages to the site speed, is taken into consideration. Undoubtedly this requires great skills and experience and lies exclusively in the domain of SEO consultant. Contact a San Jose SEO Expert and take the benefit of a comprehensive technical SEO audit. With their skills, they ensure that the website complies perfectly with the Google guidelines and reach the desired ranking in the SERP.